Skip to content

How To Get Help With Unfiled Tax Returns?

  • by
How to get help with unfiled tax returns

If you need help with unfiled tax returns, the best place to start is by contacting a qualified tax professional. A tax professional will be able to provide advice on how to properly file your taxes, ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable laws and file the tax returns on your behalf.

Additionally, they can help you understand the process of filing late taxes and provide any necessary forms or documents that may be required. If you have any questions, give us a call at 877-860-3731 for a free 15 minute consultation.

If you cannot afford a tax preparer, consider visiting your local IRS office for assistance or contact the Internal Revenue Service through their website. The IRS also has an online forum where experienced staff members can assist you with filing late returns.

What Happens If You Have Unfiled Tax Returns?

If you have not filed your tax returns, you may face serious consequences. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will assess penalties and interest for late filing. Additionally, the IRS can issue a levy against your assets or wages to collect the taxes due.

If you have unfiled returns for three or more years, the time period during which the IRS can collect taxes from you is extended from three to six years. This means that even if you do file your returns eventually, you will still be liable for taxes and penalties from the original date of filing.

In extreme cases, the IRS may even pursue criminal charges against taxpayers who willfully fail to file their taxes. Therefore, it is important that taxpayers stay up to date with their tax obligations and file all required tax returns on time.

What Happens After I File Back Tax Returns?

After you file back tax returns with the IRS, they will review and process your return. Depending on the situation, there are several potential outcomes.

  • If you owe unpaid tax, you may be required to pay additional taxes due and may also be subject to interest and penalties.
  • If you are owed an IRS tax refund, the IRS will issue a refund within three weeks of processing your return.
  • If you qualify for an Earned Income Tax Credit or other credits, it could take up to six weeks for the IRS to process your claims and send any refund due.

It is important to note that filing back tax returns does not automatically eliminate any existing tax debt; if you have unpaid taxes from previous years, it is best to contact an experienced tax professional for advice on how to resolve them.

What Happens If I Don’t File My Tax Returns?

If you fail to file your tax return, it is important to contact a tax professional or if attempting to do it on your own, contact the IRS as soon as possible. Depending on the amount of taxes you owe, not filing a tax return can have serious consequences, including fines and penalties.

However, there is a statute of limitations in place which means that if you fail to file a return within three years of the original filing date you cannot be penalized for not filing; however, you will still need to file a return to receive any refund.

If you do not contact the IRS or file your taxes after three years have passed, then the IRS may pursue criminal charges for failure to file a return. The consequences of unfiled tax returns can be severe so it is important that you take action immediately and contact the IRS if you need to file your taxes.

If you fail to file a tax return, you may be subject to penalties and interest on any taxes owed. You may also face criminal charges for tax evasion, which can result in jail time and significant fines. Additionally, the IRS may file a substitute return on your behalf, which could lead to a lower refund or an increase in taxes owed.

What If I Owe Taxes On My Unfiled Tax Returns?

If you have years of unfiled income tax returns, then there is a chance that you might owe taxes on them. In this case, the best thing to do is to file those back tax returns as soon as possible in order to determine the amount of tax liability owed. You should also make estimated tax payments for that year in order to avoid any additional penalties and interest charges.

It is important to note that there are strict time limits when it comes to filing delinquent returns. Depending on the tax year and how late your return is, you may still be able to file it without penalty. However, if you wait too long, even if you eventually pay the taxes owed, you could face substantial penalties and fees. Therefore, it is in your best interest to file as soon as possible and get your back taxes filed within the allotted time frame.

How Many Years Does The IRS Go Back For Unfiled Tax Returns?

Filing taxes with the IRS is an important process in order to maintain financial stability. The IRS looks at least at the past six years for any unfiled returns, and the consequences of not filing can be severe. Not only will you have to pay the full tax amount owed, but you may also face penalties and interest depending on how far back the IRS has to go.

Additionally, if you don’t file your tax returns for more than three years, you could even face criminal prosecution. Therefore, it is important that you always file your taxes on time each year and make sure all necessary information is included in your return.

If you haven’t filed a return in previous years, it is best to get help from the experts such as a certified accountant or tax professional to help ensure that everything is done correctly and that all of your past due taxes are taken care of as quickly as possible.

How Do Tax Professionals Help File Taxes That Are Past Due?

Tax professionals help people with unfiled returns by filing a substitute for return. This is an effective way to file tax returns when the taxpayer is unable to do so themselves.

Tax specialists will use their expertise and knowledge to assess the situation and determine the best tax resolution options available. They may also be able to provide helpful advice or recommendations on how to handle the situation.

A tax specialist will work with you to make sure all the necessary paperwork is properly completed and submitted in order to get your taxes filed correctly and on time.

Tax professionals provide a wide range of services that can be invaluable when dealing with unfiled returns. They can help taxpayers understand their rights and responsibilities, provide guidance on filing procedures, negotiate payment plans and provide other resources that can help resolve any tax issues.

If you need help with unfiled tax returns, give us a call today at 877-860-3731 for a free 15 minute consultation. National Tax Network has been helping people with tax problems since 2010 and we are confident that we can help you as well.